Social media marketing can open so many doors for a real estate agent. If you’ve only dabbled in social media in your own personal life, it may be difficult to wrap your head around using it for marketing. Place the focus on building up your network as a way to reach out. Your community will respect you for highlighting the place that matters most to them. Here are ways for you to start on your social media marketing for real estate agents.
Benefits of Social Media Marketing
- It is a great selling tool: of people who use social media as a sales tool, 78.6% outperformed those who weren’t using it.
- SMM increases the number of deals: more than 40% of the salespeople who were surveyed said they have closed between 2 and 5 deals as a result of social media marketing.
- It is a good return on investment for time and energy: 50% of survey respondents spent less than 10% of their time on social media.
3 Social Media Marketing Platforms for Real Estate
Facebook is the number one site for social media marketing. It is estimated that 69% of realtors use Facebook for marketing. Facebook allows you to do the following:
- Show off your inventory with lots of videos/images
- Interact with your audience easily
- Do Facebook live reveals of your unique properties
- Reach a variety of generations since a lot of older generations are on Facebook (this is especially beneficial if older generations are your target market)
- Connect with potential clients
- Make use of Facebook ads
- Link your other platforms
90% of businesses have Instagram profiles – what an incredible potential audience. Instagram allows you to do the following:
- Show off your inventory
- Interact with your audience
- Do Instagram lives to build up your brand
- Easily reach younger generations since it is only available to be used through a mobile device
- Provide advanced targeting options through advanced algorithms
- Use trackability to see what is making an impact with your audience
- Get an understanding of who your customers are
LinkedIn is continuing to see high levels of engagement, especially during the 2020 pandemic. There are currently 722 million members on LinkedIn. Real estate agents can use LinkedIn for buyer and seller leads and to promote their business. LinkedIn allows you to do the following:
- Promote your business
- Run ads to reach professionals
- Learn about the industry
- Connect with others
- Publish updates
- Make recommendations about businesses in your community (a good strategy)
The Most Important Part About Using Social Media Marketing for Real Estate
Ultimately, it doesn’t matter which platform you use. But what does matter is how you use it. Here are some must do’s:
- After you put your inventory up, make sure you engage with interested parties
- Respond to comments, likes, and shares
- Make your platform a gathering place for community members to keep up with community events
- Feature new and local businesses
- Highlight business owners and leaders from your community
- Share relevant content
If you are wondering how to effectively use social media marketing for real estate agents, consider finding a community-minded platform to help. A platform like Parkbench knows all about the ins and outs of marketing on social.