Whether you are just graduating high school or are looking for a second (or third!) career, you may have considered real estate. If you are wondering if real estate is a good career, you should know that it is a fast-paced industry with a lot of depth. If you are looking for a career with more structure, higher (or lower) stakes or more flexibility, becoming a real estate agent may present you with a unique career opportunity.
However, with over 2 million real estate agents in the United States, it may feel like there is no room for you. But there is always a place in your community for someone who cares as much as you do.
7 Ways to Know Whether Real Estate Is the Right Career
- You Want to Be Your Own Boss: You may be at the point in your life where you are ready to take charge of your own business. Working for yourself brings some very unique benefits (say goodbye to pink slips!), and it can be exciting to face that new challenge. Working in real estate means that you are in charge of your day and what you do in it.
- You Want a Unique Work Schedule: A 9-5 job has many benefits, especially if you have young kids in school. However, if 2020 has taught us anything, there are also benefits to having the flexibility to work at different times. Being a real estate agent allows you to work when you want to. So, if you work best when your kids are in bed, you are able to. Or if you like to work weekends, you are able to. You have a blank canvas as a schedule and you get the fun of plugging things into it.
- You Love Your Community: If you genuinely love your community then you want it to succeed. Being a real estate agent allows you to show off all the hidden treasures that your community has to offer. You can show off how amazing your community is so that others can love it as much as you do.
- You Love Meeting New People: If you are a social person who loves to connect, then real estate might be the right career. In real estate you are always meeting new people and chatting with local business owners. When you make connections with community members, each of those relationships can transform into a referral for your business.
If you are interested in learning more about how to support your community, check out the Crack the Code system.
- You Like Trying New Things: If you are the type to always try a new dish at a restaurant, or who is always trying a new hobby, then consider real estate. As our world changes and technology improves, there are strategies to help you sell homes and get your name out there.
- You Enjoy Marketing: If you are creative and have a flair for design, there are many ways you can use your skills in real estate. With advancements in technology, it is easy to look like a professional graphic designer. You will be able to create videos, pamphlets and eye-catching social media posts. You will benefit because you will be able to take charge on projects and save money from your marketing budget.
- You Like the Idea of Making People’s Dreams Come True: Not until you have seen someone’s eyes light up at the sight of a beautiful master bath do you understand the power of helping others find their perfect home. It is a special connection that is built between an agent and their clients. If you love the idea of being able to help others, consider real estate.
Is Real Estate a Good Career – The Answer Is Yes!
Do these sound like you? Then maybe real estate is the career choice you should make! If you like the idea of partnering with a platform that has already built the keys to real-estate success, take a look at Parkbench. Parkbench is a relationship and referral company that teaches agents how to embrace their community.