Success as a new real estate agent is difficult to come by. With so much new information coming at you and new technology coming out every day, it can be hard to know what tools to invest your time and money in to see success.
Real estate is a big mountain to climb in 2020. Not only are new agents unknown, but they are competing against so many seasoned giants, as well as establishing themselves in the middle of a pandemic. New agents must get creative and successfully secure a niche to set themselves apart for 2020 and beyond. If you’re wondering how to succeed as a new real estate agent, read on.
How to Succeed as a New Real Estate Agent in 2020
New real estate agents have a high level of failure. In fact, 87% of new agents fail in the first 5 years. Here are some reasons that new real estate agents fail:
- Upfront expenses are overwhelming: While it can sometimes take time to sell your first home, the expenses that come with being a real estate agent are immediate. From broker fees to membership fees to business expenses, it can be difficult to get out from the red.
- Not focusing on the right tasks: There are so many tasks that come with being an agent. However, it is easy to keep busy doing the little easier jobs while avoiding the tasks that will actually get you listings.
- Not having the right tools: Many tools are available to help you get leads and sales. But it is also easy to get overwhelmed with the sheer number of tools.
Investing time, energy, and money into the wrong things can lead to failure.
What New Real Estate Agents Should Actually Be Investing In
We’ve done the research for you about the tools and options available for all real estate agents. From tools for online lead generation, to tools for social media, networking and events, check these out:
- Canva is an online graphic design tool that makes creating amazing material super easy. Canva can help you make your marketing material and listings pop.
- Trello is a task management tool that allows you to organize your projects into boards. It works great if you are working in a team because it will ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Slack is a virtual office where you can communicate and collaborate. It also allows for integration with a variety of other tools, such as Trello and Google Suite.
- Animoto is a tool that can help you create a variety of videos for your use as a real estate agent. With a lot of pre-built stories, even agents with minimal tech skills can be successful.
Good News: There Is a Platform That Can Help You Do It All
If you are a new real estate agent and are looking for something to invest in, read on. We’ve found a platform that will keep your pipeline full, but also establish you as the local expert of your community. You will use different resources and tech to guide your business toward success. While it may seem strange to add more to your plate, a company called Parkbench has a unique spin.
Parkbench provides a platform for real estate agents across North America to build their brand as the Digital Mayor of their community and grow their sphere of influence while giving back to the community, from home.
Parkbench only works with 1 agent per area. Using a hyper-local neighborhood website, the exclusive agent can showcase local events, deals, recent news, and real estate listings. At the same time, agents are presented with a unique prospecting system that helps them connect with their community in a genuine way by adding value.
If you are interested in learning more about embracing your community as the most valuable tool in your belt, check out a demo from Parkbench!