While many people dream of success in real estate, it can be challenging to do so. Real estate agents face an uphill battle: an influx of other agents entering the industry, unpredictable economies, and lots of home owners choosing to sell their own home. However, there are ways to be successful and happy as a real estate agent.
How to Succeed as a New Real Estate Agent
You may be thinking about how to succeed as a new real estate agent. New agents fail because of many factors, but having a treasure trove of available tools will help new agents succeed.
Use These Suggestions to Succeed as a Real Estate Agent
- Budget Appropriately: The expenses that come with being a real estate agent can quickly pile up, especially since it can take awhile to sell your first house. Building a budget is an effective way to plan ahead.
- Focus on the Important Tasks: Make a list of the really important tasks that need to get done daily and spend your energy on those instead of all the busy work that can take over.
- Find the Right Tools for the Job: Finding the right tools that can make your job easier is key.
Still Overwhelmed? Here is a Tip That All Real Estate Agents Can Use
We’ve found a platform that will keep your pipeline full. Parkbench can do the following:
- Establishes you as the local expert of your community.
- Provides a platform for real estate agents across North America to build their brand as the Digital Mayor of their community and grow their sphere of influence while giving back to the community.
- Works with 1 agent per area.
- Showcase local events, deals, recent news, and real estate listings.
Get 3 Exciting Tips for New Real Estate Agents
The majority of new real estate agents fail. By building a strong business before you get your first client, and using tips for new real estate agents, you will ensure that your name is out there for the long haul.
New Real Estate Agents Fail For Many Reasons
Almost 90% of new real estate agents fail for the following reasons:
- Lead generation
- Poor marketing skills
- Lack of confidence
- Not planning properly
New Real Estate Agents Can Use the Following 3 Tips for Success
- Put Your Community First: Transitioning from focusing on selling, towards embracing the community puts you in front of the buyers and sellers in your area..
- Understand the Merchandise: It is difficult to sell what you don’t know. Take the time to truly know the properties in your area.
- Join Forces: Don’t go the lonely journey alone. Become part of a team that understands exactly what it takes to start out as a new real estate agent.
3 Reasons New Real Estate Agents Fail
New real estate agents are at a high risk of failure within the first 5 years. Solutions include a unique community-minded approach. Here are 3 reasons why new real estate agents fail:
- They Start Working Immediately: Once new agents have done all the work to get into the industry, they just want to start as soon as they can. Proper planning and forethought doesn’t necessarily happen, which can lead new agents floundering a few months in.
- The Expenses are Overwhelming: The start-up costs can be very steep for new agents who are not necessarily making any money. Some of the expenses that new real estate agents need to pay for immediately after getting their license include:
- Education and licensing fees: $600
- Real estate broker fees: $25-$500/month
- Real estate membership fees: $200/year
- They Struggle to Connect: It is easy to talk about something you know a lot about, but new real estate agents may struggle to sound like industry experts. It can be challenging to always be searching for creative ways to connect.
Become a Successful Real Estate Agent Like Local LeaderⓇ Ashley Colgate
You can become a successful real estate agent like Ashley Colgate. Ashley has been able to build up her real estate business through the referrals she gets through her hyper-local platform. She used the platform to start forming deep connections with local business owners and offer residents in her small community the opportunity to get to know other people in their community.
Ashley Colgate Had Problems Just Like Every Other Real Estate Agent
Some of Ashley’s problems maybe similar to the ones you have had:
- Building an online presence that is meaningful and far-reaching
- Meeting people in the community
- Finding and following up with leads
Ashley’s Hyper-local Platform was Parkbench and it Gave Her:
- A Supportive Network: using Parkbench’s system, Ashley was pleasantly surprised by how large her sphere grew. She was also able to meet people that she may not have otherwise.
- Helping Others Feels Good: Helping out your community feels good. Once Ashley started meeting the people in her community, she realized how well it was received.
- Businesses Appreciate Being Noticed: It is difficult for small businesses in this climate. More than ever they will appreciate the support.
- Unique Referrals: It can be difficult to get referrals as a real estate agent, especially when you are new to the business. People will remember how you make them feel and will reach out to you if they decide to sell.
Parkbench only works with 1 agent per area!